Tori Richard is a designer and manufacturer of men’s and women’s ready-to-wear, licensed apparel products and uniforms. Founded in 1956 in Honolulu, Tori Richard Limited is a family run business that has grown to become a global brand, renowned for its stunning Hawaiian textile designs. The company has epitomised resort living, driven by an appreciation of unique fabrics and globally inspired prints, the garments produced represent quality workmanship, sophistication and good taste. The company now operates a successful on-line e-commerce channel which attracts customers from all continents, as well as a network of retail outlets located across the Hawaiian Islands. Their product is sold in retailer and specialty stores worldwide with select partnered concept stores on the East Coast and Southwestern US.
Tori Richard needed a way to integrate their electronic point of sale (EPOS) software, RetailPro, which is used by the retail store network with their website ordering system from Mi9 Retail Solutions. They needed a solution that would seamlessly integrate these systems and provide a suite of reports from which to analyse and track performance on which to make vital business decisions.
Data Clarity was first appointed by Tori Richard in 2015. ClarityQBRI had been recommended to them by a software reseller based on its growing reputation and use by other global retailers.
ClarityQBRI has a standard set of reports, extracts and data models that have been designed specifically for the retail sector, however Data Clarity has worked with Tori Richard to constantly refine and update their specification to meet their ongoing needs for real time information and reporting analysis.
Tori Richard is now able to run data queries against multiple databases and present the information in reports that can also be downloaded and printed. Development has included the integration of data from EPOS, store data, customer demographics and planning, budgets and financial targets.
Having completed a data validation exercise which compared reports from Mi9 and ClarityQBRI to ensure that they were correct and correlated for users at Tori Richard, a user-friendly interface was created that delivers accurate, timely and reliable information.
“We now make many vital business decisions based on the information provided to us as a result of implementing ClarityQBRI software. We use it to run the business as it pulls data from various sources and allows us to see an overview of all the things that matter to our business. Data Clarity has also helped us to create bespoke reports as well as provide the interface that connects with other 3rd party systems. This has had a massive impact on financial performance and an overall increase in operational efficiencies.”
Jason Zambuto, Vice President, Tori Richard
Tori Richard has been able to improve the efficiency at which the company produces reports and the speed at which it can make important business decisions. Examples of the reports now available include:
- Business Analysis ensuring that we get the right product in the right place at the right time, we use reports created consistently in order to make important business decisions. We have realised an increase in product turn and Gross Margin Return on Investment (GMROI) as a result.
- Sales comparisons provide information on seasonal trends and highlights differences between trading periods by store in order to track in real time how each store and sales channel is performing.
- Stock reports provide information on what stock sells best in each location. This ensures each store has stock of its most popular garments and highlights what sells best in different stores, online, and across male and female ranges.
- Product ranking enables insight in to what products sold better in seasons year on year.
- Accounting and finance:
- Improved end of month accounting reports
- Easier to carry out bank reconciliation with sales versus bank income
- Enhanced store management
- Visibility of daily sales use of gift certificates
- Implementation and cross check of cost controls and KPIs
- Improved financial information on which to negotiate rates with credit card providers
ClarityQBRI – Reporting & Analytics
ClarityQBRI is an intuitive real-time reporting tool using web technology to deliver easy to use, flexible query and reporting functions. ClarityQBRI lets you run queries against multiple and mixed databases, search out and select data in a straightforward way and present your reports online or hard copy in a wide range of formats.
ClarityQBRI has been developed to meet the query and reporting needs of organisations worldwide from retail to transport and government. Our end users really do have the information they need at their fingertips.