Data Clarity Limited is a cloud based service provider. We offer a range of data, software, website and marketing services. From data management, software engineering and web development, our services help our clients save money and gain better insight into their business especially within the Retail and Media sectors.
We've recently been named finalists in the 'Excellence in Science and Technology' category at the Derby Business Telegraph Awards 2016 as well as 'Technology Award' finalists at the Payroll World Awards 2016.
Our solutions are designed to transform business processes. Made in Derby, our technology revolutionises the way business activities are conducted providing solutions to the everyday business challenges. From Big Data Analytics and Master Data Management, to our innovative timesheet & expense software Clarity365 we have a solution that can be tailored and worked to suit your business. Find out more about our solutions on our website: www.dataclarity.uk.com
We are now looking for Database Developers to help drive forward the company and capitalise on our successes to date.
The Database Developer will work with Microsoft SQL Server along with complementary new technologies such as Microsoft Azure Data Factory, Data Lake, Streaming Data, NoSQL. The role will focus on defining, developing and promoting the Enterprise Data Architecture strategy that aids the organization and our clients in achieving their strategic information management goals which will include;
- Participation and development of an Enterprise Reference Data Architecture for a Client.
- Participation and development of standard enterprise data management and enterprise data architecture processes and deliverables.
- Collaboration with the business, its applications, solutions, and with technical architects to understand the implications of respective architectures on data architecture and to maximize the value of information across the organization.
- Assist with the Clients review and approval of all major business solutions delivery projects.
- Work with the Clients Database Administration/Architecture and Data Analytics teams to help set the enterprise data strategy and standards.
- The creation and implementation of processes to collect and maintain inventory of Data assets across the Clients enterprise.
- Drive standardization and simplification across the enterprise, lowering cost, improving quality and value of data assets.
- Define and develop enterprise architectures for Data Warehouse, Master Data/Reference Data, integration for data and transaction processing.
- Define and develop the enterprise conceptual and logical data models for analytics, operational and data mart structures in accordance to industry best practices model(s).
- Assist in maintaining the assessment and inventory of the existing enterprise-level data environment.
- Design and develop new strategies or optimise existing ones for Data archiving.
- Demonstrate an excellent in depth understanding of Microsoft SQL Server, all versions.
- 5+ years of experience in designing and leading the conceptual, logical and physical design for distributed databases.
- 5+ years of experience in performing analysis and design for Data Management and Data Driven projects.
- 2+ years of experience in driving Meta data architecture and Master Data Management Solutions.
- Strong understanding of activities within primary discipline such as Master Data management (MDM), Metadata Management and Data Governance (DG).
- Consistently demonstrate strong experience in Conceptual, Logical, and Physical Database architectures, design patterns, best practices, and programming techniques around relational modelling, dimensional modelling and data integration.
- Strong Business and Data Analysis skills.
- Strong leadership and influence skills across Business and Technology organizations.
- Experience with Database Administration for MSSQL Server in clustered and high availability environments.
- Good understanding of Visual Studio and .Net Framework.
- Experience with Big Data/Hadoop/NoSQL, Visualization and reporting tools, data profiling analysis and transformation.
- Experience of Cloud Data technologies, solutions and future Cloud Data Strategies.
- Experience with Database Administration for MSSQL Server in enterprise environments.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
- Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
- Microsoft Certification Path.
- Ability to translate and clearly formulate technical issues and solutions to the issues.
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills.
- Excellent communication skills- written and verbal.
- Recognises and develops potential so that the team has the necessary knowledge, skills and experience.
- Excellent presentational skills.
- Intervenes if warning signs of problems occur within own area of responsibility.
- Forward thinking: Proactive rather than Reactive.
- Customer focussed.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Positive and constructive minded.
- Takes responsibility for continuous self learning.
- Takes the lead and makes decisions in critical times and tough circumstances.
- Has a can do attitude, counteracting the negativity of others, putting a positive spin on things.
- Displays enthusiasm, is animated, infectious, encouraging and positive.
- Uses appropriate language, uses a style they are comfortable with but that suits the occasion.
- Attention to detail.
- Identifies and takes up opportunities to coach others on a formal and informal basis.
- High levels of integrity and honesty.
- Positive approach to change and good sense of humour.
- Calm disposition.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Must have the right to work legally in UK. Data Clarity does not sponsor work visa
- Polite Notice No Agencies Please
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00 to £40,000.00 /year
- Database Development: 5 years